Thursday 15 January 2015

Ratbags and Rascals

I have started to read "Ratbags and Rascals" funny stories by Robin Klein.

A collection of seventeen short stories, including The Anti Snore Machine, Parker Hamilton (about a family robot) and How Clara Bepps Put Strettle Street Properly on the Map. (Young Clara thinks her street is so boring but she soon rectifies this by adding stars on the footpath, a swimming pool inside a dissused house and a stage where you can bring something and take something.) 

Definitely a read to fire the  possibilities for the Bribie Bunch / Crew/ Pride. I think my definition of their characters will undergo a change from "proper" to perhaps ridiculous ratbaggy rascally creatures who show a slightely darker or unexpected side to their nature.

I remember, a couple of years ago I told the most ridiculous stories to Charlotte and Millie and they were rapt. I think the transfer of the spoken word to the written page has perhaps quieted the characters into behaving themselves.

TIME TO BREAK OUT, I THINK. I LOVE THE SENTIMENT OF THE PICTURE BELOW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and message will be sent to the author.